Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sunday Citar/Sunday Snapshot - Trees


I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

~Joyce Kilmer, "Trees," 1914


The trees are God's great alphabet:
With them He writes in shining green
Across the world His thoughts serene.

~Leonora Speyer

*Pics taken by Hubby in Saint James Park




* Citar means quote in Spanish

11 comments:

  1. What a great, unique tree! Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos~ beautiful natural sculptures for sure. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect poem and quotes for these pictures. Lovely captures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved the opening lines of that poem, but I had forgotten the rest of it. Thanks so much for posting it "just for me". Have a fun week, Veronica. ps. great job now over 2000 and still counting!!!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely perspective and light. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just popped over to see what you'd been up to and I was met with your lovely photo posts. The tree photos are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some VERY good shots!! Such beautiful trees! I'm a tree-lover as well--I feel at home anywhere there's an area with tons of trees around! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from a new GFC follower from Mommy on the Move blog. Hope you come over and follow me back.
    http://mylittlehouseoftreasures.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such stories are in those branches, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a stunningly lovely tree! Her poem describes it perfectly.

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Pony Plant Sculpture

    ReplyDelete