Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Gallimaufry#147

Just a gallimaufry of AI-generated photos, real photos and ramblings 📸
I’ve never encountered a white desert rose before.
Weigh-and-cook hotpot
In this version of hotpot, customers select their ingredients, which are weighed at the counter, paid for, and then cooked by the kitchen staff before being served in a large bowl at the table. This differs from the traditional hotpot style where ingredients are typically brought raw to the table for customers to cook themselves.
Choose your favorites! A variety of fresh ingredients ready for you to weigh, pay, and let the kitchen cook up the perfect hotpot dish

FROM THE TRAVEL ARCHIVES

Monastiraki Square
Gyros
I was told you can’t go to Greece and not have a gyros, and now I completely get it! I grabbed my first gyros from a local taverna in Fira. Yummmm! 😋 I absolutely loved the tender, spicy grilled pork in a warm pita, layered with fresh veggies and tzatziki—and wait for it—crispy fries right inside! It was pure genius! I've been craving this deliciousness ever since, but I’ve yet to find a Greek restaurant in my corner of the world. Heidi of The Frugal Girls shared her amazing Greek Chicken Gyros recipe here, so you can make them at home. The best part? You can slather on as much tzatziki as your heart desires!

Lamb? Chicken? Pork? Beef? 


AI CAN'T SPELL!
The sign is supposed to read "Gyros, Souvlaki, pita and more..." 
So, you know how AI tries to help us with everything? It’s great at many things—but spelling? Not so much! 

Son #2 explains it like this: instead of letters, AI thinks in “tokens.” Imagine tokens as building blocks. For words, some letters are separate tokens, while others are combined. So when AI sees “tomato,” it’s not just counting letters; it’s trying to piece together the right combination of tokens.

But here’s the kicker: AI sometimes miscounts. Instead of spelling “tomato” with one “o,” it might accidentally treat it like “TO-MA-TOE” because it misjudged the tokens. And that’s how we end up with signs that read “TOMATOE” and “FRESH TOAMTOES.”

Now let’s throw in “strawberry.” You’d think it’s straightforward, right? But AI could end up treating it like “STRAW-BER-RY,” mistakenly counting the “r”s as separate tokens. Instead of the two “r”s in “strawberry,” you might see “STRABERRY” on a sign!

So next time you see a sign that’s hilariously misspelled, just remember: AI may be smart, but when it comes to spelling, it’s still trying to play a game with the wrong rules!

MUMBAI

I've always dreamed of visiting India, but as I get older, I find myself gradually moving some countries down my bucket list—especially those in Asia. My plan is to tackle the farther destinations while I still can, saving the closer ones for when I'm less inclined to endure long-haul flights, which I really dread. Recently, my son went to Mumbai on a business trip, and I couldn’t resist sneaking a couple of photos from his phone to relive his adventures.

Gateway of India


Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
Though I've never visited, I remember the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel from the movie "Hotel Mumbai." The film vividly portrays the horrific 2008 attack, where armed militants laid siege to the hotel, taking hostages and causing chaos, ultimately resulting in the tragic loss of over 170 lives. It highlights the courage of the hotel staff and guests amidst the terror, serving as a powerful reminder of resilience in the face of adversity.
            


I imagine a cute three-wheeled auto-rickshaw zipping through the bustling streets of Mumbai, its tiny horn tooting as it weaves through the vibrant chaos. 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful series of photos.
    The AI ​​mice are really cute.
    The food looks delicious.
    I wish you a nice Thursday.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice photos, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful food and travel photos today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos from your traver archives. I also like Greek pita.
    I am afraid in the near future we will not be able to understand the difference between a true photo and an AI generated image.

    Enjoy the rest of this 1st week of October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That white desert rose is so pretty! We were just saying the same thing about AI and spelling/grammar check programs in general this morning. I swear it keeps getting worse instead of better.

    ReplyDelete