Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Night Safari


If you're visiting Singapore, one of the attractions not to be missed is the award-winning Night Safari - the world's first dedicated night zoo. Housing over 1200 animals of 110 exotic species, the Night Safari gives visitors a unique opportunity to view the animals up close in an open-air zoo after dark. The night zoo is divided into eight geographical zones, which can be explored either on foot via three walking trails, or by tram.
Traipsing down a trail in the dark, I felt like I was in the movie "Jurassic Park". It was kinda unnerving being eyeballed by glowing eyes that darted between trees in pitch-black darkness. And creeping me out even more was this sudden maniacal laughter of a hyena, followed by a howl and then growls.... and the fluttering of wings. A pterodactyl? I was quite sure it was a fruitbat or a giant flying squirrel.
Being in such close proximity with the animals, I wondered about the possibility of us ending up as dinner but Hubby assured that there are cleverly disguised barriers to separate the predatory creatures from us.
Sorry, pallies but I've no pictures of the animals to share as flash photography is not allowed and my compact is totally useless in the dark.
These pics were taken at the entrance of the night zoo

Cousin J, my sister J, me, Josh, cousin L, cousin C and my dad with the two boys, Rodney and cousin B in front.

Josh

The spectacular Thumbuakar performance

Don't miss these incredible human torches

and their fire-eating stunts!

A reminder - Spray on lots of insect repellent if you don't wanna be a walking smorgasbord for mosquitoes.

29 comments:

  1. Blimey, that looks pretty spectacular! I have relatives in Singapore, I might just have to book myself a visit over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I wish I lived closer to Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I would die to visit Singapore..maybe some day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks amazing! Happy Wordless Wednesday!

    Anna, The Pilot's Wife
    Follow My Blog at: The Pilot's Wife Blog
    Follow me on: Twitter
    Like me on: Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the night safari too. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that sounds SO FUN!! I would definitely be so nervous though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be really fun visting the night safari. The last time I was there was before the kids were born.. which was like 7 years ago..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of the Polynesian Cultural Center. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband did the night safari. I got to stay at the hotel with the kids :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been to this Zoo! It is amazing, I love Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool! Something my family would love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mosquitos love me. Looks like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a wonderful family evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so cool! Wish we had something like that around here!

    ~Mimi @ Woven by Words

    ReplyDelete
  15. Other than the bloodsuckers, it really looks like FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so cool!!!!

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/it-was-111-on-11111/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love that sign...the eyes on it are really cool looking!

    Happy WW :) And thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks awesome and like lots of fun!

    Thanks for visiting Go YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that would scare me to death...
    but also be SO FUN!!!
    thanks for sharing.
    have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks spectacular.... Thanks for swinging by and linking up... Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  21. don't think I will ever make it to singapore, but that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! What a cool post! Great pics and if I'm ever in Singapore, I'm totally going there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounds like a blast, although I don't think I would be brave enough to go

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't heard of this type of zoo before but it would be so great. I think I'd feel a little apprehensive around some animals as well.
    I'm going to see if we have anything like this in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks and sounds lie an amazing night of adventure :)

    ReplyDelete