Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Gallimaufry#124

Just a gallimaufry of AI-generated photos, real photos and ramblings 📸

I believe I'm facing what some might call "photographer's block," if such a term exists. I find myself grappling with a lack of inspiration and motivation to pick up my camera. Moreover, without any upcoming travel plans, my creative well feels somewhat dry. AI photography is such a great way to break through this block. I have a wild imagination but no artistic acumen. That is why I love AI. It allows me to translate the vivid scenes in my mind into tangible images without the need for artistic skill. With AI photography, I can bring to life the fantastical worlds, surreal landscapes, and captivating characters that populate my imagination. Through this medium, I explore endless possibilities and transform abstract ideas into visual realities

BEGGAR'S CHICKEN
Legend has it that a starving beggar stole a chicken and had to hide it from pursuing authorities. Desperate, he wrapped the chicken in lotus leaves and mud, buried the chicken near a riverbank, then later retrieved it and cooked it over an open fire. To his surprise, the mud had sealed in the chicken's juices and flavors, resulting in an incredibly tender and delicious dish.
Beggar's chicken sold at a food court
Today, to ensure safety and for convenience, Beggar's Chicken is frequently prepared using alternatives like dough, oven bags, ceramic pots, or convection ovens instead of clay. However, even with these adaptations, the dish maintains its distinct flavor and tender texture, remaining a cherished component of Chinese culinary tradition.

AI-generated image

FROM THE TRAVEL ARCHIVES

St James Park, 2011
St. James Park's squirrels are famously friendly, with one even boldly climbing onto Son#2's lap. However, as soon as I attempted to capture that enchanting moment with my camera, the playful creature darted away. 

Now thanks to AI, I can weave that cherished memory into tangible form.

Spotted this sign outside a restaurant
Thai dinner - Khao kha mu
Khao kha mu is a popular Thai dish consisting of stewed pork leg typically served with rice and a side of pickled mustard greens. The pork leg is cooked until it's tender and flavorful, and it's often served with a dipping sauce made from soy sauce, vinegar, and chili.
AI-generated image
Did you know that the collective noun for ladybugs is called a ‘loveliness of ladybugs’? They can also be referred to as a colony, a cluster, or a swarm. Interestingly, in the UK, they’re known as ladybirds, and a group of them is also called a ‘loveliness of ladybirds’.
AI-generated image

"A loveliness of ladybugs" does indeed beautifully encapsulate the charm of these creatures, doesn't it?

Ah, do you recall our foster kitty who was blind and super clingy? The only respite from his incessant meowing, when left alone, was when he was curled up in deep slumber in this hammock my sister crocheted. We would rock him to sleep and then stealthily tiptoe away. The rhythmic motion lulled him into a peaceful repose, granting us precious moments of quietude.

AI-generated image
The only other time his meows would cease was during his sunbathing sessions on the balcony. There, basking in the sun's warmth, he would linger in serene silence, lost in his own world, until someone came to bring him back inside.

AI-generated image
AI-generated image

Note - Every AI-generated photo you see here is a product of artificial intelligence, meticulously and painstakingly crafted through textual descriptions alone. No actual photographs were utilized or manipulated in the creation of these images.
My Corner of the World

59 comments:

  1. Dearest Veronica,
    Lovely post and you must be extremely accurate in textual descriptions for creating such stunning AI images.
    Hoping that your foster kitty is loving his forever home!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative AI pieces! Yummy food too.-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like AI. Yours are lovely, I like the tale of the beggar's chicken as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful series of photos.
    The squirrel on the child's lap is my favorite.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures and the AI images in particular are so amazing :-)
    Beauty and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice pictures, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Veronica,
    Great pictures. It's so funny to see all of lovely food as delicious bread or wonderful places. And very nice to see that picture of the boy with the squirrel.
    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveliness of ladybugs is a new collective term for me. I know a couple of women who are verging on terrified when confronted with large numbers of them, and I doubt that “loveliness” would be their choice of word!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that AI generated images are halfway between a drawing and a photo. Don't you think so?
    Hugs and blessings, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the kitty photos especially. AI is still something I don't know enough about to either use or trust.
    Blessings, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good. Love them all.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never used AI. It's a sort of mental denial... And I never heard about 'photographer's block'. But in the moments I feel that I can not do something,
    I start to clean in some areas...🤣 A very functional method...
    Nice images and very cute those with the kitty.
    Happy Today, dear Veronica!
    Hugs and a fine weekend!❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't use AI generated pictures. But... one Day I will try.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My faves today are the Kitty pics, so beautiful. I hope you soon get back to your camera, perhaps you just need a break! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos, Veronica. The cat was very cute.
    Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Veronica :=)
    The food looks delicious, and it was nice to learn about the legend. A loveliness of ladybirds is a delightful collective term for the charming creatures, I will always refer to them as such, from now on. I like the summer and winter generated images of the boy and the squirrel.
    All the best
    Warm hugs
    Sonjia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember your blind kitty and I hope all is okay it it's world now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No conocía el pollo al mendigo. El gatito y las mariquitas me enamoraron. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, those AI generated photos are amazing--especially the ones of your son and the squirrel. Also the second kitty one where he is slumbering so peacefully with that cone around his neck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can understand why beggars chicken would turn out so flavorful. Great cooking technique. I do love that crocheted hammock.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Again beautiful pictures and those of the squirrel are also my favorite but also the story you wrote about the chicken was interesting and the photos of your cat was really cute. Thanks for the nice post and I wish you a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

  22. I love the photo with the cat and also the one with the ladybugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your AI generated photos are lovely. I have not tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. But that's your own cat, right, Veronica? I love the photos, all of that sweet little feline. I hope the collar comes off soon. I'm not sure about AI. I appreciate it for the creativity but I like to know what is real and what is manipulated. I suspect it is the journalist in me -- I'm good with it if I know the difference. But your work (at least I think it's your AI work) is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Veronica,
    Your food photos are always amazing. I am always interested in how recipes come about and their history. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The kitty hammock is way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. However, I hope that AI will never blind us to reality

    ReplyDelete
  28. awww what happened to the kitty? We call those things elizabethan collars, my 4 cats hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the tender care given to the blind kitty and especially the hand-crocheted hammock made for him. I was wondering how you managed to get a cat into those different sweaters because that's not an easy task for anyone to do! Cats just don't like clothes, but the AI photos look amazing. AI is interesting, but I also find it alarming because it's so detached from reality and can fool practically anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would freak out if a squirrel crawled on my lap!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the AI creations! Beggar's Chicken sounds delicious "Loveliness of ladybugs" is perfect imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Veronica, I understand why you like AI photos so much. It really is a wonderful form for turning memories or fantasies or maybe even dreams into an image that you can show other people. You are really good at formulating your wishes. I would like to thank you for your answer/tip in this context - I have already made my first attempts at AI. These are far less artistic than yours though, I'm still practicing. I find the pictures that remind you of your son's squirrel experience particularly adorable.
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/04/weltreise-2024-2-station-sydney.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. As usual, Veronica, your creativity shows in the AI generated images, still I prefer your own. Yes, I can understand having photography and writer’s block as well, and perhaps taking a break and exploring which you always do so well, could bring a fresh perspective? My favorites in this series were the sweet kitty, the non AI images. It was heart warming to me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Interesting post. Nice photo from AI ;)
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh poor kitty and poor you for all the meowing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello!
    I'm an AI enthusiast too, I admire your imagination! I also sometimes suffer from a creative block and it's not particularly pleasant when we need to present some work! The images of the sick kitten are beautiful, I would say they were based on a real photo! Well done!
    I wish you a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I found the photos taken with this really interesting.
    AI intelligence;
    Ladybugs are natural garden defenses, despite being beautiful.
    All the images are beautiful, each one with its own
    particular beauty.
    Good start to the month of May.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a nice post and photos i liked the AI versions too all that lovely food and that cute cat too :-)

    Have a gallimaufrytastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very beautiful photos. I like that the AI generated were also good.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello Veronica,
    Sorry I am late visiting and commenting.
    You did great with the AI images and I love the photo from the Park with the geese. Cute kitty!
    Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post.
    Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.
    PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the Squirrel and the little boys , beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have not been very motivated to take many photos lately either but I'm hoping that as the flowers start blooming and the nicer weather movies in I'll find that motivation again. Some of these AI images are quite something.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello. I still don’t understand how the AI-generated images are made. They are interesting, look like scenes from picture books. The AI-generated #7 and #14 images, they are difficult to tell apart from the real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  44. We get it. Mom loves photography, but this is the boring time of year where nothing much is happening and the weather is lousy. Top that with the fact that she could not hold her camera for a few weeks, and it is still tricky with the bigger lenses, and her creativity has too been zapped. We start getting busy this weekend and hopefully that creativity comes racing back. This has never happened before, so it is all new. Hope your urge to take photos finds its way back too.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Those AI generated pictures makes photographers useless. They´re scary good.

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are amazing! Great work!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/04/too-funny-not-to-share.html

    ReplyDelete
  47. Se te da muy bien la IA. Gracias Verónica por este entretenido post. Precioso el gatito.
    Buena semana.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  48. ...Veronia, you have some lobe AI images, but I still like the real deal best!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your AI images and love your food. Always love your food.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  50. You are getting good at AI. I like how you weave it in with real photos.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful series of photos. Have a nice day, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'm not sure you know this, but the ladybug is very special to me. When I see them, I think of Mother Mary. Thank you for these pictures this afternoon. I was a bit surprised when I saw the squirrel on your son's lap. I am afraid of the squirrels haha. The "magic and pasta" quote is so true. I eat pasta at least every two weeks. I like that pretty crocheted hammock that kitty is cuddled in. You are taking good care of him. : )

    Have a wonderful week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a wonderful photo share. The kitty touched my heart as my grandmother lost her sight when I was a small child of 8 years old. She is still my favorite person and she has been gone for many many years. It is good to say hello and see you here. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am the worst ever to use AI and provide the correct description to get any good results. You've done so well. You need to teach me how to do it please.
    Thanks so much for participating and sharing at #25 #WW (Words welcome). See you again next week https://esmesalon.com/tag/wordlesswednesday/

    ReplyDelete