Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Calf Trying To Wake Its Dead Mom

I wept for both the mother and baby elephant when I saw this heart wrenching image in our local newspaper yesterday. Notice the tears in the baby's eyes. Click on image.
It is suspected that the mother elephant along with several others have been poisoned. I hope that whoever did this will be brought to justice. May they rot in hell.

source - http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/1/30/nation/12642008&sec=nation

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, V... That is the saddest thing ever. My heart is broken for that poor calf. Why would anyone want to do this??? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so heartbreaking. I'm glad that someone is taking care of the dead elephants babies, at least. There is a small bright side...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, it's terrible, the poisoning is terrible, and so is the senseless loss of life and the poor baby losing his/her mama. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh....this is heart wrenching!!! Oh my gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since October,last year,I can see lots of movies on DIGI LIFE tv about animals' lives and I am more sensitive to all that's happeninig to them! It is so unfair to hurt animals ,to invade their habitats.Hopfully,there are some organizations to help those babies to pass trough those dramas that can affect so many lives!I love these cute baby elephants so much!!
    Life is so unfair for many times...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of the Lion King. How sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a young baby to be left motherless! I hope he will be taken care of and survive. what a sad Monday morning image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope they find out who done this they must have suffered greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad! I hope the baby elephant will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is horrible..
    so heartbreaking

    ReplyDelete