Followers

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Walls That Strum

 🎸 In the winding streets of Toledo, even the walls seem to sing. I stumbled upon this boutique hotel sign crowned with sculpted hands strumming a guitar—an artistic welcome that feels perfectly at home in Spain's land of music, history, and legends.

Amid silence, you can almost hear the rhythm of flamenco echoing from the wall itself.
The hotel's name, Entre Dos Aguas ("Between Two Waters"), will also sound familiar to music lovers. It shares its title with one of the most celebrated compositions by the legendary Spanish guitarist Paco de Lucía. Whether this is a deliberate tribute or simply a poetic coincidence, the guitar sculpture makes the connection feel almost inevitable.

It's one of those delightful travel moments when a simple hotel sign tells a story. It’s a reminder that in Spain, even a hotel sign can carry the soul of a song.

24 comments:

  1. That’s wonderful, dear Veronika! I love this sculptural composition—hands playing the guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Veronica, and Spain, especially Flamenco guitar! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is rather an unusual sign but it's very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sign is very lovely, the music too though I can't listen to too much of that style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny sculpture! Thank you for sharing the music too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sign, and great music!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ich habe das Lied von Paco meinem Mann vorgespielt. Er liebt Flamenco. Danke dafür.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindo dedilhar e a música assim também! beijos, lindo dia! chica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately, the posts aren't showing up in my blog reading list.I wanted to visit you, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sign is gorgeous and I love the music. A fun post!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Toledo myself, but I love Flamenco. So thanks for this musical tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I continiue to be entranced and captivated at the beautiful architecture in ancient cities, Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Veronica,
    What a beautiful sign.
    I really like the music, too.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Java Bean: "Ayyy, if these walls could play guitar!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sign and love the video. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Veronica. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's my time... love the music very much!
    Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. The sign is lovely and you wrote about it with passion and beauty.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Even a hotel sign can carry a song." What a great line, Veronica! I truly enjoyed your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Es un bello letrero y lindo video. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete