Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

10th Blogaversary


A decade ago, when I started this blog, I didn't have the faintest idea what I was doing or where it would take me.

I still don't! Haha!

When I hit the  publish button on that first post back in 2008, I never thought that ten years later, I'd be blogging still! That post, along with many of the earlier posts, was deleted in a fit of  panic, when I freaked out at the thought that people whom I know outside my virtual world might be able to find my blog! I think I might have deleted a third of my posts! Very stupid of me, I know and I have regretted since.

Whoa! 10 years is a long time in blogosphere! It feels like a blink + a lifetime all in one. However, I did disappear from blogosphere in 2017 for about 8 months when life was bombarding me with lemons. I had too much to deal with and blogging was the last thing on my mind. When I came back, I didn't know what to expect and thought that my bloggy buddies would probably have forgotten about me.

Thank you, pallies, for sticking with me. Mwaaaaaaaaah!!! ❤️❤️❤️

The blogging landscape has certainly changed with much less commenting and even much less posting on blogs as most bloggers have ditched their blogs for Instagram. Many of my favourite blogs have now been in hibernation for a long, long time; some gone private and a couple of bloggy pallies had even passed on. But others have popped up in their place.
It is foreseen that traditional blogging will eventually die a natural death, no thanks to mobile devices. But as long as Blogger isn't retiring its service, I will continue to blog until I drop!

So why am I still blogging?

I GET TO WRITE
I love to write. Having a place where I can write my heart out without judgement is like I have finally found my voice. The process of my thoughts translating into words and leaping off my fingers onto the keyboard when I write a post feels like  magic!  Empowering, if you will.

I GET TO CONNECT WITH  BLOGGERS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE AND ALL OVER THE WORLD.
Interacting with bloggers from so many diverse backgrounds has been awesome. I've forged friendships with people whom I would have never known. I've learned about cultures I would have never understood, and have virtually visited places I never knew existed. Blogging has opened a portal to a whole new world.

MY BLOG IS MY OUTLET, MY JOURNAL, MY SECRET SANCTUM...
This blog is an outlet for my creativity and all the things I want to share. I'd like to think that my blog is a legacy to my sons. And if I should croak suddenly, my blog could be a place my boys would find solace. They would know exactly what I was thinking and feeling watching them grow up. I've chronicled their milestones. I've posted photos of them when they were little. I've paid tributes to their beloved pets who had passed. And I have and will continue to post recipes of their favorite dishes on my blog.
Perhaps my future grand kids would want to take a peek one day and read about their crazy grandma and her one-time obsession for cookie decorating.

Someone said that some of the only things that give life value are the things that take sustained effort over long periods of time. This blog is one of those things for me.

To those who have been with me since the early days, I THANK YOU! You have all been amazing bloggy pallies. I hope we will get to meet in person someday.

To those of you who are newer to this party, you are loved here in this bloggihood.

28 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Anniversary, Veronica!! I do agree that blogging has changed over the years since I started back in 2005 (but have had several blogs during that time), but I still like the friendships made through them and learning so many different things from all over the world. I too don't think I'll ever give it up. It is fun to go back and read some old entries and relieve some memories. To many more years!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog Anniversary.. I agree blog land has changed,I came here to your blog couple years back, I had a couple of blogs, closed them ,took time off after Homeschooling Our Son.
    Any ways Happy Blog Anniversary (use to be GLOW Academy)

    Now https://myfaithisoverflowing.blogspot.com/

    Blessings, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♪♪Happy Blogaversary to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Blogaversary to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Blogaversary Dear Of Mice and raMEN, ♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Blogaversary to you.♪♪ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you and I started about the same time. It has been a long, time, hasn't it? I blog for the same reasons--and I still do. I like the written word, reading about my friends' adventures and sharing mine. I am so glad we met through blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep writing . We all support you . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogging Birthday, Veronica! And here is to many more. I always enjoy coming here to read your posts and look forward to hearing about what you are doing, on your side of the planet!

    Here's looking forward to the next 5-10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 10 year!! Mine is in 2021 when I get my ten year. I've not been as active as I used to be but I just can't let my blog go. It's my outlet, even if I'm not writing on it, I know it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ten years blogging! That's amazing. congratulations. Hope to see you at your next 10th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogaversary! 10 years! Now thats amazing, what an achievement! Congratulations. I hope you continue to write for many more years

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Ten years. That's amazing. Congratulations. Pen x #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop for several years! Here's to ten more!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick®
    https://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooooow...10 years indeed! Big big congratulations for your efforts and perseverance. And I can't agree more..blogging is waaaay different now although I have just started it seriously in 2012. But I still love it! And will always do :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!
    Thanks for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/09/outer-banks-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 10 years!

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big Congrats for ten years. Very nice. Keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary and here's to ten more good years at least!http://nanahood.com/nanahoods-4-ingredient-cheesecake

    ReplyDelete
  17. Veronica,

    Happy Anniversary! Ten years blogging is quite the accomplishment. I started in June 2010 and like you I had no idea what I was doing but unlike you, I didn't have fear anyone would find my blog. I wasn't sharing anything too purrrsonal and wasn't concerned. I'm not even one to write intimate details in a journal for fear someone will read my words. lol I actually envy those who have that sense of freedom to unleash what's going on around them into words. So good for you!

    Over the years, I've seen bloggers come and go. Those who remain are more selective with who they seek out, even I'm guilty of doing that, too. Anywho, I hope you have many more enjoyable years in Blogosphere. I never thought in my wildest imagination this would be something that I would grow to love as I have and now I just imagine doing anything else.

    Have a blogging good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 10th blog birthday. Great going :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I started that long ago as well! May 19, 2018 was the actual date of when I began. I used it as a modern form of a baby book. Then it transformed from there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finally got mine up if you want to link up. I've been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Blogging Anniversary! Well said...we share many of the same reasons to blog. I love the space to share my thoughts and really take time to unpack what is going on in my mind. Have a great week! Happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 10th blogaversary!! I've been reading along for quite a few of those years. :) I don't even know when my anniversary is -- I will go look! lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy 10th!! Glad you're still blogging. I understand about the panic though that black screen was intimidating back when I started.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have just had my 2 year blogaversary! My blog has evolved in so many ways, I'd never even read a blog before publishing my first post! Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging and best wishes for the next 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy that we connected. I love your blog and your friendship. Wishing you many more years in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete