Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Asian Squat

I was scrolling down Facebook when I saw a tutorial  on how to do the Asian Squat. "Duh! All humans can do this!', I voiced out to my son Rodney.
"Wrong, Ma! Only 13.5% of Americans can pull it off", he corrected me.

Seriously?!! That was news to me!  Squatting with my feet flat on the ground has always been second nature to me and I have yet to meet someone who can't do that! I could squat like that for hours, thanks to the squat toilets we grew up on. As kids, we used to squat that way in the park so our tooshies didn't touch the wet ground when the benches were wet from the rain.

A video to share.

Squat Level : Asian


Can you pull off the Asian Squat?

This week's cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

12 comments:

  1. No I think even in my flexible youth I could not do the Asian Squat. Now I think if I tried it I might break a bone or not be able to get up :)

    cookies are so cute!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do it easily, but it is not comfortable to sit and chat that way. Also, I have a feeling that my thighs are gonna thank me for trying tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.. i never thought of it being something was not able to do.. I agree.. I like you thought.. think it's the most natural thing to do. In fact my boys.. husband included often forget to sit on the ground while doing an activity and I find all three squatting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I can do that squat and saw it all the time when I visited Haiti. Thanks for sharing your post at the Over the Moon Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I tried it and thought "of course I can do that!" Nope. I can't get my heels on the ground. I remember squatting a lot as a kid, but I think my tendons have gotten a lot shorter as I've aged (I'm sure high heels don't help either.) For instance now doing yoga, I can't lay on my back and straighten my leg with my foot at a 90 degree angle. I used to be able to. Ah, the joys of aging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can get down there, but goodness if I can get back up, lolol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can do it, bit it's definitely not comfortable - I think my thigh muscles need some work. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll try it tomorrow....hahaha #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, nope, not even going to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahah this is hilarious and you are right it is so very asian!! I can't do it though and I'm chinese! hehehe

    Thank you for linking up to #KCACOLS and I hope to see you back again on Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I had no idea that was what this was called! I've always commented on the fact that kids can squat like this, with their feet flat on the floor, but us adults can't, so I was amazed watching these adults do it in the video! x #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete