Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Needlepoint Cookies

I used to cross-stitch a lot before the boys came along and when I was way younger. I thought making these needlepoint cookies was a piece of cake. Heck, I've embarked on projects far bigger and more intricate than these and on 22-count Aida cloth. That means 22 microscopic stitches per inch.
With bated breath, I sweated big time decorating these. By the time I got to the third cookie, my eyes were crossed and tearing up. And don't get me started on my aching back. Besides, the tension was killing me! It was sheer suspense getting those grid lines straight and across the cookie without breaking. I heaved a sigh of relief each time a line made it across successfully!
This, I learned, is definitely not a sport for the faint-hearted or the weak of eyeballs!

14 comments:

  1. Gosh!! Those cannot be cookies!!
    On a glance, I thought they were small pieces of needlework.
    Though these are beautiful and I am sure you are tempted to make more, rest your eyes! Had I been in your place, I would have never let anyone eat those. I would have framed them and hung them on a living room wall for all to see :D :D

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really dont have the patience to do this! They look amazing!

    x Mieke

    Check out my new post on http://nancy-mulhouse.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding!!! You put so much time and work into these pieces of edible art!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intricate! Lots of hard work there Veronica!!

    They look great!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies much of taken awhile to make. All the lines...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are CRAZY, girlie! That is nuts doing all those lines! And then you ate them???! Criminy.

    I like your "weak of eyeballs" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was worth the effort. And now you've got it saved for the long haul on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies are patience redefined! I did a double take at first glance :-) absolutely gorgeous, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to see this post being linked up at Wake-Up Wednesday, the party I am co-hosting. Thank you :)

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nominating your beautiful cookies to be featured on Wake-Uo Wednesday linky party!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cookies! I would never even attempt this. They look beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Creative Spark Link Party.
    Glenna @ My Paper Craze

    ReplyDelete
  12. There you go...
    Congratulations on being featured on Wake Up Wednesday!
    Check it out here - http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2014/09/moghul-wuw-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. That must take a lot of patience and precision! You could be surgeon. I bet they're tasty too. Stopping by after the Mom Bloggers chat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    CPS Test

    ReplyDelete