Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bread Therapy

My friends think I'm crazy for devoting what they imagine to be hours of precious time to bake my own bread when you can get it at the store for a fraction of the dough. Sorry for the half-baked pun! It's hard to explain but kneading soft dough is wonderfully therapeutic. It's just like yoga in the kitchen! I enjoy those quiet moments standing at the counter - methodically stirring, folding, and mixing, allowing my mind to run free. Besides, there is nothing like a little elbow grease (a lot, actually) to work out those flabby arms! There is a great sense of euphoria and accomplishment in turning that gooey lump into just about anything you imagine it to be.

And you can always share pictures of your accomplishments on your blog if you're in knead of something to post about!

My crab bread using the 65°C bread dough recipe

14 comments:

  1. I love homemade bread. Your critter bread is cute. :)

    I'm here from Wordless Wednesday and am following you via Friend Connect and Feedly Reader.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys would love this idea, Thank you Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be therapy for me just to be at your house and smell the fresh baked bread that would come out of your oven. Smells so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Stopping by from the blog train.

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're punny! :)

    And these are cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! And looks yummy too. I love the smell of homemade bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. store bought might be cheaper and easier to get, but I bet it doesn't taste as good.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via GFC! Hope you'll get a chance to visit me :o) You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    ReplyDelete
  9. giggle I love fun food! Thank you for sharing at the hop my sweet bloggy friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute sea creatures bread! My homemade bread is made in a bread machine -- I've never been one for the kneading, but I do love the bread!
    (Stopping by from Blog She - Happy Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable. If I had a counter, I would totally bake! Unfortunately, I have such a small kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No bread maker machines for me. I'm with you, Veronica, I'm all about the therapy of kneading by myself! My buddies gave me a new recipe for Piadini Bread for pizza or personal nan breads. Yummy.
    Hope you had a great weekend. It's spring here, sunny and warm.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find baking relaxing as well ~ the best way to start a weekend is to prepare a dough and make some rolls or bread :)

    ReplyDelete