Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Miniland Zoo

Check out this mini zoo built entirely out of Lego bricks by Steef de Prouw. It has everything you'd expect in a real zoo - a snackbar, a reptile house, zookeepers shoveling manure, etc and even things you don't normally see in a zoo like a tentacled monster! The Kraken, perhaps??
Here are just some of the pics.
The entrance


An overview of the Zoo


Poop Duty


The reptile house


Big croc inside the reptile house

Snack bar

Every zoo has one of these: an area with dense foliage, the sign missing, and no trace of an animal. No one's sure if there's supposed to be an animal in there, or if you're just staring under the leaves for a couple of minutes trying to find an animal that just isn't there.

Not your average find in a zoo

Locker room with public phone

There are more fun pics from the zoo. Read on....

11 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I love how detailed it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't been to the zoo in years. It was a favorite destination when our 3 kids were small. I loved the big apes the best, and then the polar bears swimming, and then the elephants. Your pictures made me remember. (I always hate the snakes.)
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! When I was little I loved to play with Legos. I am glad to be back and I missed you too!!! :o)

    ~Gina~
    motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats is so neat, I just dont think I would have the patience to put that thing together though, but I love that other people can so I can admire it! :) You also have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so awesome, I love Legos and the people who build stuff like this..so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! My brother and his son love legos...I think my nephew would love to be a lego designer. My girls love them too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Steef de Prouw here. My girlfriend found your blog post and I just wanted to let you know that I like it that you like my zoo...erm. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is AMAZING! I am totally sending the link to my DH, who is a lego FANatic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks so cool. my kids wud love it and i wouldnt mind playing with it myself!

    ReplyDelete