Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Condo Cat - Part II


I'm back to blogosphere and with great news. Condo Cat had given birth to 3 beautiful kitties. Yes, she was pregnant and I didn't have a clue! I merely thought that she had an over-indulged belly that resulted from all the food we've been smuggling for her! Duh!
Several weeks ago, Condo Cat went missing. Rumour had it that she had been adopted. What I didn't know was that she had been hidden by the security guards and cleaners in a secluded spot in the condo so she could be ensured of a safe nesting place.
Somehow, word got out and everyone wanted to visit her and her babies. It was really heartwarming to know that the security guards on duty had appointed themselves as her personal 'body guards". They would shoo the kids away each time someone attempted to go near her secret hideout, especially the amorous tom cat that made his nocturnal visits.

Awwwwww!! Look what I found this morning when we came back from our Chinese New Year break! The kids from the condo made this for Cantik's kitties. Yes, that's her name now as given by the residents. Cantik means 'beautiful' in Malay and I can't think of a more appropriate name. Peering inside the 'house', I saw the names 'Jojo', 'Blacky' and 'Snowy' !!

Cantik was nursing her kittens inside a box when I visited. Unsure if her maternal instincts would kick in, I kept my distance. And I wondered. Does she now perceive me as a threat to her young? Will my scent trigger her protective instinct to eat her babies?
As soon as she saw me, she bounced to her feet, padding towards me. Purring, she gently nudged me across the room to her nest. How could I have doubted her? It was such a tender moment for the both of us. I felt like a proud granny!

Cantik

11 comments:

  1. baby kitties are so cute. That was nice of the kids to make her a present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a surprise to come home to! And how sweet of the kids! The kittens are so cute and mama cat is beautiful.

    The same thing happened to me except with my pet rabbits (I thought they were both girls...nope!). I saw that the soon-to-be mama was acting strange and was kind of chubby but had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's so sweet of the security guards...and kittens! I just love kittens...(but doesn't everyone?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet. What a great gift they made.

    I have an award for you at my blog:
    http://thepracticalmomguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bring her healthy food if you want to "treat" her--she will need it while feeding her babies. Don't worry--kitties don't eat their young because of scent. They rarely do that, but typically only if something is wrong with a newborn. That is an old wives tale about them eating their young because of your scent.

    They are ADORABLE!!! Are you going to adopt a kitten????? (I'm sure I'm not the first to ask, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I love it! Truth be know I once had 11 cats! Eleven! Now I''m just the mommy of 2 little boys and one little dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so which one are you bringing home as yours??? They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet... I love cats and kitties. Condo cat is very pretty; she sort of reminds me of a siamese cat I had when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New kitties, how wonderful!!!!! I love your happy smile in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a heart warming post. Hope you had a great New Years visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I love little cuties! Her house is really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete