Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 29, 2018

Miso Butter

Sole In Miso Butter and Mango Salsa
I have been experimenting with miso lately and am now adding miso butter as the latest arsenal to my culinary armory. It's super versatile and you can use it on just about anything: grilled vegetables, seafood, meat, mushrooms, etc.  It's also fantastic tossed with pasta and fresh herbs.

It's everything butter, only better! And it's so easy to make. The ratio is 2 parts butter to 1 part miso.  Just cream the butter (softened at room temperature) with miso until smooth and well combined.
Miso butter can be refrigerated, covered, up to 2 weeks before serving.

A favourite recipe to share


Just add sugar and mirin to the miso butter. Pan fry your fish or meat and that's it!

The result?  A serious umami bomb!

Here's what I made but instead of a salad, I paired my fish with mango salsa. A little sour and a little sweet to cut out some of the saltiness of the miso butter.

Mmmm!! The fish is nice and moist and the salsa just works perfectly with it.
You really gotta try this.  Michael Lewis' recipe here.

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

20 comments:

  1. Oh my, this sounds really good. Going to pass this along to hubby since he does the cooking here.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is some serious deliciousness, V! You are a culinary goddess, ha! Ha! I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. miso butter sounds like an awesome idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm sounds great.. and that salsa's got my mouth watering.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this looks tasty can I have some please LOL

    Have an appetisinglytastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New idea completely for me so now you've got me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that sounds delicious! Thanks for stopping by & thanks so much for sharing. mmmmmmmmmmm YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds absolutely delicious!! #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy. Making me hungry :) Thanks for linking up to The Wednesday Blog Hop. Hope you can join me tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so delicious! Definitely something to try. Thanks for sharing with #bloggersbest x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try it! I will bring home a pack of miso paste and will look for miso butter as well

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds really good! I have to be honest, I've never heard of miso. I'll have to go to a few different stores that may sell it.

    Your recipe looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I MUST SAY, IT DOES LOOK YUMMY! #FABFRIDAYPOST XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds delicious and I like the presentation - looms bright and warming X #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! This looks so yummy! And that mango salsa looks gorgeous! :) Thanks for sharing! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds yummy! Ive heard of Miso but never tried it. I do Weight Watchers and have a few recipe books with it in so will have to experiment more. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmmm! This sounds (and looks!) yummy! I’ve never heard of miso before but will definitely be checking it out!! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks really tasty and has made me very hungry to read about! I've never used miso myself, yet, but I can imagine that this miso butter can add a really nice saltiness to a lot of dishes. Thanks so much for sharing with #KCACOLS, hope you come back again next time x

    ReplyDelete