Followers

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What's For Dinner, Ma? #5

CHAR SIEW - Literally translated from Cantonese as "fork-roast" after the traditional cooking method for the dish:. Long strips of seasoned boneless pork are skewered with long forks and placed in a covered oven or over a fire. There are many variations in the use of ingredients for the marinade and cooking methods. I like my char-siew braised in a wok and then broiled in the oven for a charred effect.
recipe @ http://www.foodcanon.com/2011/09/auntie-ruby-char-siew-summary.html

CAULIFLOWER PANCAKES
These make a great side dish when you're bored of potatoes. Wholesome, toothsome and awesome!
recipe @ http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com/2009/09/cheesy-cauliflower-pancakes.html

DAGING MASAK HITAM - Translated from Malay as "beef in black sauce". Quintessentially, a Malaysian dish with a fusion of  flavours from Malay, Chinese and Indian cuisines.
recipe @ http://www.asianfoodchannel.com/bestwan/viewrecipe.php?id=18



WITCHY FINGERS
Success at last!!
Yep, I finally could put my finger on the problem. No pun intended!
The secret? Wrap the dough with plastic film and chill for at least 2 hours before shaping into fingers. Chill the shaped dough again for another 2 hours before popping them into the oven.
Now they do look like fingers, don't they? :)
recipe @ http://whitelotuscooks.com/2010/10/shortbread-finger-cookies/

16 comments:

Camille said...

These all look sooo tasty. Except the last one, that is creepy! Maybe I should try to make those for Halloween lol.

Judy Haughton-James said...

Wow! These dishes look so yummy! Have a good day.

Crystal Boyd said...

the fingers are a neat idea!

Mindy Harris said...

i am a new follower thru GFC and found u through the naptime review mom's monday mingle!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Wow those dinners are making me hungry! And yes, those fingers look real to me..lol Perfect for Halloween!

Roshni AaMom said...

It's such a good thing I don't live with you because I would grow sooooo fat with overeating!! lol!!
The last one is amazingly creepy!!

Simone said...

The food looks delicious all except the cookies. Those look a little on the disgusting side! :)

Kim @ Stuff could... said...

I like the finger cookies...you did a great job

Karen @ BakingInATornado said...

Thanks for the links to such great recipes. I do the finger cookies too but I make them witch's fingers with green food coloring! I'm here from the hop!

Coup Gator said...

Yum!

I'm a new follower from the hop.
www.coupongatormommy.com

HOOTIN ANNI said...

That pork seriously has me DROOLING!!! I can just taste it in my mind. Yummy.

Shauna Nosler said...

OK I never pick up recipes from people - only becuase i have so many myself - BUT you got me wiht the caulif. pancakes - I think those loook sooo goood! Visiting from today’s hop - Please stop by if you get the time and follow if you’d like - www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com. BTW, I am always looking for blogs to review my book - if the concept strikes you at all let me know!

aureliaeugenia said...

You are such a talentated Lady! I hope .everybody does appreciate you as it should!It's so hard to make everybody happy (regarding cooking)
XOXO,

Are We There Yet! said...

They turned out great. I like the jelly on the ends too.

whitey said...

These are disgustingly great!

Lin said...

I'm starving after seeing all those photos of food!!! Looks yummy--well, except for those fingers. Blech!

Advertlets

Networked blogs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin