Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Day 1 - Paris

The Hubs, Rodney and I joined a guided tour together with 27 other Malaysians on a 10-day tour of Europe. France was the first of the 5 countries we visited.

We took a red-eye flight, departed Kuala Lumpur at 8:00 PM and arrived in Paris in the morning after a fifteen-plus-hour flight with a layover of 2 hours in Doha.

As soon as the plane landed at the Charles de Gaulle Airport, we were whisked into a waiting coach and began our tour of Paris right away!!

Paris is 7 hours behind Malaysia.

Jet-lagged and sleep deprived, Paris was a blur to me. In zombie mode, we took lots of photos but I really couldn't identify most of the places we visited other than the iconic landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Lourve Museum and the Arc de Triomphe.


We headed up to the 2nd level of the Eiffel Tower and viewed Paris in all her splendour.  More photos in my upcoming post.

Arc de Triomphe
Lourve Museum

Champs Elysees


Petit Palais

Grand Palais

Pont Alexandre III

Ecole Militaire

Les Invalides

The Palais Garnier opera house
The Galeries Lafayette Haussmann is surely the place to go shopping when you're in Paris!

Besides Harrod's in London, this was by far the most ornate, elegant and beautiful department store I'd ever seen! I will share photos of the resplendent interior in an upcoming post.

Our three-course French dinner at Chez Edouard

The much maligned but utterly delicious garlicky snails were the highlight of the meal.
Escargot with herb butter


The day ended with a night cruise on the Seine River.




Doing Paris in just one day right after a 15 hr flight was exhausting! And when we checked into our hotel, we all crashed out on our beds, too tired to even shower! I was way too knackered to brush my teeth or remove my makeup!

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

Musings Of A Tired Mummy

27 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful city but what a grueling schedule for that first day! If I ever travel like this, I think going in a tour would be the best way to do so rather than trying to figure out things on my own. Not sure I would have been daring enough to try the snails though.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have visited Paris twice and found but amazing both times, would love to go again soon #kcacols@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow.. sounds amazing. It's been over a decade since we were in Paris.. before we had kids.. ah the good old days.. lol. Looking forward to see where else you went.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that jet lag! I hate it but I have done similar things whenever I visited a place with limited time! Coming from Jakarta make it 8 hours different and sometimes I just want to sit down and do nothing. Will wait for more fantastic from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In spite of being jetlagged, you took some great photos. Thanks for sharing. I hope you got enough rest that the second day was more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fab photos we drove through Paris when I was young with my family on our way to Spain I loved it, I enjoyed your photos thanks for the tour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip. You all look so happy.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You did a lot during your time in Paris! I bet you were exhausted!

    With Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun trip for sure, jetlagged or not!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, a once in a lifetime journey for sure! I understand you being tired after all that you had to take in in such a short time. Thank God you had the strength to take pictures/videos. Way ta go girlfriend!!! You are one lucky young lady to see such beauty! As they say though beauty goes with beauty! ~hehehe~ Thank you so very much for sharing your adventurous outing/trip! You're duh best! BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many beautiful photos! I don't remember suffering from jet lag too bad on our way to Paris but once home it took me almost a week to get re-acclimated to our clocks. (Though we had several days in Paris).

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a wonderful time even though it was exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos except for the escargot- yuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Veronica,

    WOW, what an amazing trip! I hope you get a little more sleep so you can enjoy yourself more and remember things better. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paris is on my bucket list. Your pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a wonderful time!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/04/somethings-squirrely-on-april-fools-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't Paris beautiful! You must have been exhausted after such a flight and the time difference! I hope you enjoyed your trip. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear Paris was a blur, but it is a wonderful place to see, even if in a blur you have to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It really is the most beautiful city. I have been a few times now but I would love to go back someday. My sisters and I have talked about it so many times but as usual life keeps getting in the way! Beautiful pictures too #thatfridaylinky

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't been to Paris in so long. I'd love to go again and explore the sights and history of such a beautiful city. Not sure I would have coped with the jetlag and tiredness though! Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos. I have always wanted to visit Paris :) Thanks for linking up to The Wordless Wednesday. Hope you can join me today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. I have always wanted to visit Paris. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  23. How exciting to do a European tour like this! But also exhausting!
    I visited Paris for a couple of days when I was in my early teens, and as is clear from your photos as well, there are an abundance of impressive old buildings in the city (and it is a city - the country is France ;-)). If I ever go back to Paris, I'd like to have more time for the museums. And perhaps I'll give snails a try, too!
    Thanks so much for linking up with #KCACOLS, hope you come back again next time! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. It’s tough trying to do any city like this after a long flight. I remember trying to do Auckland in one day after a full 24 hours’ worth of flying and being virtually asleep on my feet. Paris is such a beautiful city - we took the kids there a couple of years ago and they fell in love with it too. Although not so much with the snails ... #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like Paris was amazing, in spite of the travel exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete