Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Moo Grob

Moo Grob 

Moo in Thai means pig as well as pork and Grob translates as crispy so Moo Grob = Crispy Pork.
If you are looking for a savoury crispy snack, look no further!

Marinated with just 5 ingredients and deep fried, these are guaranteed to impress your Super Bowl party guests. Bring them to your next Potluck and surprise your guests with a plate of this hearty, mouthwatering treat.

Serve with Thai sweet chilli or Sriracha sauce for dipping. Messy, unhealthy, artery-clogging but totally worth it!

Sharing this recipe by Siam Sizzles


I tweaked the recipe just a little - I halved the chicken stock powder and added a little sugar to balance out the saltiness.

INGREDIENTS
500g pork belly

Marinade
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 egg
Dash of ground pepper
1/2 tbsp of chicken stock powder (or any meat seasoning powder is fine)
3 tbsp tempura flour
1/2 tsp sugar

1. Rinse the pork belly with water, dry with paper towels and place in a large mixing bowl

2. Add all the marinade ingredients into the bowl and mix evenly.

3. Marinate at least an hour, longer if possible but I prefer to leave it in the fridge overnight.

4. Deep fry the pork until golden brown and crispy (about 10 minutes depending on size of the pork)

5. Cut the pork into strips, and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.

Enjoy!  Pairs well with beer! Perfect as a side dish too.

25 comments:

  1. Yummy. I love Thai food.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't eat pork.. but may taste good with chicken as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that LQQKS delicious hope you have sent me some LOL...thanks :-)

    Have a crispytastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The marinade alone sounds yummy. I bet this is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't say I've ever had Thai food, but this one here looks like I might make an exception. This looks and sounds delicious. YUMMMMMM Thanks for sharing and have a great day my friend! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your food posts ... and this sounds absolutely delicious. I'm going to try it out. I love pork deep fried. Who wouldn't, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats looks awesome... love me a bit of pork belly! #thatfridaylinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a veggie but cook meat for my kids and fiance and I think they'd love this! What flavour dipping sauce would you recommend? Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy Thank you for linking to #Thatfridaylinky please come back next week

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot eat pork but I can definitely use chicken and beef for this yummy recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds delicious. Perfect game day recipe for sure. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks yummy and crunchy! I love crispy food

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man, this post has made me hungry. Plus thanks for the tip-off on what 'moo' and 'grob' translate to; should see me navigating Thai food menus a little better in future! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks yummy! And pretty easy too! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband would absolutely love these! I will give them a try!

    Posting on Pinterest!

    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! This looks delicious. This is a must try. Pinning for later. Thank you! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now you really have got my mouth watering and I love your description of this snack! I'm not sure I'd have much willpower to stop either. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, looks delicious. Thanks for linking to #kcacols and hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a fan of pork belly but this recipe sounds like something that my husband would absolutely love! x #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks delicious, something my husband would choose to eat! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete