If you are looking for a savoury crispy snack, look no further!
Marinated with just 5 ingredients and deep fried, these are guaranteed to impress your Super Bowl party guests. Bring them to your next Potluck and surprise your guests with a plate of this hearty, mouthwatering treat.
Serve with Thai sweet chilli or Sriracha sauce for dipping. Messy, unhealthy, artery-clogging but totally worth it!
Sharing this recipe by Siam Sizzles
I tweaked the recipe just a little - I halved the chicken stock powder and added a little sugar to balance out the saltiness.
500g pork belly
3 tbsp fish sauce
Dash of ground pepper
1/2 tbsp of chicken stock powder (or any meat seasoning powder is fine)
3 tbsp tempura flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1. Rinse the pork belly with water, dry with paper towels and place in a large mixing bowl
2. Add all the marinade ingredients into the bowl and mix evenly.
3. Marinate at least an hour, longer if possible but I prefer to leave it in the fridge overnight.
4. Deep fry the pork until golden brown and crispy (about 10 minutes depending on size of the pork)
5. Cut the pork into strips, and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Enjoy! Pairs well with beer! Perfect as a side dish too.