At 17, I thought I would be at the highest rung on the corporate ladder by the time I was 40. Nope, it didn't happen. And by the time I'm 50 I should have travelled the world - sadly, still not there.
Sorry pallies, I have no life-changing epiphanies or any deep experiences to share, just a few things I've learned from surviving half a century.
Here are some random thoughts
1. I'm officially over-the-hill. Gulp!
2. Menopause is a bitch.
3. Karma is a bigger bitch
4. Kelly Clarkson is right - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
5. Don't sweat the small stuff - life is really too short.
6. Happiness is a choice - you either move on or fester in your misery
7 Whatever you do, if your intentions are bad, your plans always backfire. Let your conscience be your guide.
8 It's OKAY to be afraid of growing old - that means you are forced to make changes to your life.
9. Used to be, video calls existed only in Sci-fi movies....... now we Skype.
10. Used to be, filling in the gender blank in forms was either male or female.... now we have several options.
11. I am not a bad person - some people just bring out the worst in me.
12. The lyrics from Joni Mitchell's The Circle Game keep playing in my head -
"We're captive on the carousel of time,
We can't return, we can only look behind
From where we can
And go round and round
And round in the circle game"
To all the baby boomers out there, Congrats! We have made it to 50!
So some dreams and goals were lost along the way but there will be new dreams, maybe better dreams and plenty before the last revolving year is through.
Sharing this beautiful quilled card made by my talented bloggy buddy from Romania - Aurelia Eugenia @ http://aureliaeugenia-ideisicreatii.blogspot.com/
|My quilled birthday cake. Isn't it absolutely adorable!!|