Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Snoopy

Cookiefying  Snoopy, my all-time favourite cartoon character


Born in the 60's, I grew up with the Peanuts gang, in an era when the pleasures of life were small and simple. My Sunday dose of good cheer  was pulling the Sunday Funnies out of the newspaper after  returning from  Mass and chuckling over Peanuts. The following day, I would cut out the comic strip and glue  it to my scrap book. I named it my Happy Book. Over the years, whenever I was in a funk, I could count on my Happy Book to turn my frown upside down. It was an instant pick-me-up.
When I was in Form Three (lower secondary school), a very dear friend gave me this cute Peppermint Patty trophy and it kept me company when I went to college and throughout a large part of my adult life. I can still find it on my nightstand in my childhood bedroom whenever I visit my parents.


When Charles Schulz died in 2000, I felt like I had lost a lifetime companion. But thankfully, the Peanuts gang lives on and they always will have a special place in my heart. PEANUTS are forever!

My favourite Peanuts moment
I love you Snoopy and thanks for the many happy childhood memories.
The loser who never gave up


ethannevelyn.com

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

17 comments:

  1. The cookie came out great! I too enjoyed the Peanuts crew growing up and into my adulthood with the comic strip. Charles Schultz left a great legacy behind with the characters he created!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the Peanuts cartoon, too! I have a huge book of the comic strip cartoons somewhere. I've had it my entire life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be back on your blog.. you always make the best cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Snoopy cookie is adorable. I brought in an inflatable snoopy ball for my students to toss around and some of them didn't know who he was, yeee-ikes!!

    Here to wish you a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peanuts as well mbaaa! They are legend :).. itu kuenya lucu bangeeet! I always admire those who can create such beautiful cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Peanuts. I actually had the students do a project off of them this year. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! We have similar taste! I love Snoopy too! Once I bought a book called "The Architecture of Snoopy's House". That's how my inspiration of becoming an Architect grow. Perhaps, when my kids go back to school. I will go back to proper work. lol! :) x Thank you very much for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snoopy will always have a special place in my heart. My Dad was a fan of Snoopy and we called our first cat Woodstock. I’ve been told I’m like Linus but I suck my thumb and have a blanket �� only on a night though - ha ha #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Snoopy. I plan to get him and Woodstock tattooed on my animal leg.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my daughter loves the Peanuts movie that came out a little while ago. Its always fun to be able to share things that we enjoyed as a child with them #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a MAJOR Peanuts fan! What memories you just uncovered for me! Thank you! #kcacols xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snoopy holds a special place in our hearts! My son was given a cuddly Snoopy when he was born and nearly 14 years later he is still a permanent fixture at the end of his bed!
    Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snoopy brings back lots of happy memories for me too. It’s great that he transcends generations!

    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Snoopy cookie looks awesome! Great homage. I love Charlie Brown and the gang too.

    ReplyDelete