Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 30, 2009

Only In Thailand!!

Into the small town of Samut Songkhram, near the mouth of the Mae Klong River about 75 kilometres south-west of Bangkok, Thailand, there's a unique outdoor market - held directly over railway tracks.

Several times a day, as the train pulls into town, stallholders draw back their awnings, then move all the fresh produce out of harm's way.

image credit : Photos SIPA PRESS/RICHARD CRAMPTON/REX FEATURES

It's back to business as usual as soon as the train leaves. Watch how this ritual takes place in a matter of minutes, without chaos or concern.

7 comments:

  1. I love this! All in a day's work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true dedication. That would be a pain for me to have to prepare each time for the train to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unbelievable. i don't know that i would want to buy a squash that a train had just run over. what a tremendous amount of work to take that down each time the train passes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't imagine having to keep moving it back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you just play with the cards you were dealt ;)

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply incredible! I couldn't even imagine doing that! I get irritated when I have to move a picture frame out of the way when I have to dust a shelf! LOl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! How crazy is that? I would be terrified to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete