Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Snail Slime

Lately, my odd sleeping hours, bad eating habits and sun damage caused by my disregard for sunscreens (they make my eyes itchy) are showing on my face. A friend who has skin to die for revealed that her secret is snail slime.

Would I put snail slime on my face  in the name of beauty?
My initial reaction was HECK NO! I'd rather die ugly than putting slug mucous on my face! Eeeewwww!

But I so desperately want to slow down the ageing process to a snail's pace. Well, desperate needs call for desperate measures! After overcoming the initial cringe factor, I googled for more info. Looks like snail creams have indeed been crawling into the beauty world. Katy Holmes swears by it!

After much thought, I've decided to give it a go. It can't be any worse that the last gross product I used. It contained avian collagen derived from the connective tissues from chickens. Long story but I have a strong aversion to chickens. I don't even eat them!

Anyway, as I was saying, the snail slime used in the face creams is mixed with other ingredients to mask its smell. Besides, no snails are harmed in the process.

I did it! I bought myself a jar of snail cream from a shop that sells Korean face products. The cream smells and feels just like any ordinary moisturizers. I have used ones that smelled worse. This even costs less than my regular face cream.

Keeping my fingers crossed and  hoping for a miracle....

Have you tried a snail cream before? Would you? What other gross products have you tried?
When I gave these snail cookies to a little neighbour boy, the first thing he asked was, "I think you got it wrong. Aren't a snail's eyes on its tentacles?"  LOL!

Just a thought -  Would I brave a snail facial next?  I was told that snails tend to perch on top of your nose as they love to climb. A faceless slug eyeballing me with its tentacles? Uuuuugggghhhh!

Therapeutic? I think not!

7 comments:

  1. Those cookies are so cute! I'm so out of it, I hadn't even heard of snail slime used like this! Let us know how it works!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh yuck! But if it works... do let us know if it does. I'm always looking for something to fight the wrinkles of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies are adorable. I haven't tried it, or even heard of it. I'm glad no snails were hurt in the process. ;) Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay what?!?! I am so out of the loop. I have never heard of this!! I can't imagine there was a smell like you said but the thought of putting that all over my face gives me the creeps! How long do you have to leave it on for? That yucky trail that they leave behind on the floor is gross. Let me know how it works I am always up for trying anything as long as I hear it actually works from a friend and not some ridiculous ad haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'd do the snail facial. I might try the mask, but I'd want to see some scientific facts...lol. I'm always amazed at the products sold in other countries. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd try it. I don't think they'd sell it in the US. I'll have to look online.

    ReplyDelete