Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 28, 2012

MIA

Hi pallies! Hope I've been missed! So sorry for not replying to your email and returning visits to your blogs. I was away in my hometown for the last couple of weeks,caring for my 88 year-old mom who was hospitalized for a broken left femur. What a start to a supposedly auspicious Chinese New Year! Thank God, all's good and Mom is recovering well from her surgery. She's now convalescing in a nursing home where she is residing temporarily until she's ready to go home.

Mom (right) with her new buddies at the retirement home

I had abandoned Hubby and the boys for the two weeks so you can imagine the state the house is in!
I'll be visiting your blogs as soon as I'm done with the the chores.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mom, however I am really glad to hear she is doing well from her surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear she is ok, and even better you were able to spend some time with her. My Mom is like two minutes away more or less depending on how fast I drive! Sounds like she is healing and looks like she has some cute companions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so sorry to hear about your mom. I know how you feel about trying to catch up on chores...I'm doing that today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mum looks happy and well-on-the-way to recovery. I am sure she loved having your with her for support and all the extras the hospital can not cover. Yes, you were sorely missed. There is one thing about "chores": they always wait for your attention.

    Happy New Year!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, I have missed you! So sorry to hear about your mom but glad she is on the mend. Could not even imagine what my house would look like after that long *shutter*...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor Mom! I sure hope she gets well soon. Looks like she is having fun meeting some new friends while she recovers. Does she live alone the rest of the time?

    I was wondering where you were! I'm sure the boys were happy to see you come home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best to you and your mom. I pray that she will continue to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back!! Thank God mom is doing better. That photo is so precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!! I'm stopping by to say hello from the Mingle Monday blog hop. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog. I'm visiting from http://momandbabybeautiful.com
    Thanks,
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  11. new follower of your blog
    now follow my blog
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete