Followers

Tuesday, July 14, 2026

The Art of the “Almost Perfect” Travel Photo

Every traveler knows the thrill of spotting the perfect view — that fleeting second when the light, the angle, and the subject all fall into place.

That’s what happened during our guided tour of Paris. As our private coach rolled across the Pont Alexandre III in Paris, I looked out the window and snapped what felt like a masterpiece: dramatic gray skies, ornate lampposts, and the Eiffel Tower rising in the distance.

But taking photos from a moving vehicle is always a gamble. Just when you think you’ve beaten the odds, something unexpected sneaks into the frame. In my case, it wasn’t motion blur or reflections — it was the giant “Fasten Seatbelts” sticker plastered on the bus window, cutting straight through the historic artwork like an uninvited guest.

One second I had Paris at its most cinematic, the next I had a safety reminder photobombing my perfect shot.

Thankfully, the wonders of modern AI came to the rescue for my own shot.

The cleaned‑up version without its sticker cameo, finally revealing the bridge in all its glory

Meanwhile, at the back of the bus, another “almost perfect” photo saga was unfolding. A lively group had decided this was the moment for the ultimate wefie. They were loud, laughing, and determined to get it right. First click — someone wasn’t ready and shouted to fix her hair. Second click — another insisted she needed to put on lipstick. Third click — just as everyone finally looked their best, the coach plunged straight into a tunnel. The photo? Pitch black. The reaction? Roaring laughter that echoed through the bus, with the rest of us in stitches at their timing.

Say cheese… wait, where’d the light go?

55 comments:

  1. Ai did a great job fixing up that photo. It is funny that after everyone getting perfectly ready for the photo- the lights went out in essence. Cut Ai mouse photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ai has made better photographers out of all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AI certatinly has its uses. What a fabulous photo! And cute story, wtih the AI mice added in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that very well. Either it is a sticker, or a street lamp or...here in Finland mostly...a tree! 😄😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the first photo is good but the AI made it much improved and how I laughed at the antics you described for the second photo - he who hesitates is lost - the AI of the mice, wonderful. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo of the Pont Alexandre III in Paris.
    The AI ​​mice are really cute again.
    I don't use AI myself.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never thought to clean‑up my photos from the car, bus or train! And that is such a funny story about the tunnel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't use AI in my photos. But I can see that the pictures are getting better. Those AI mice are always so cute. Have a great week, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exactly! A photobomb is just proof that life actually happened there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorei as fotos, palavras e as transformações da IA...
    beijos, luindo dia, chica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so true! Though my photos from moving vehicles are often ruined by something outside the car like a giant tree coming up that I didn't see or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My wife and I love traveling, and Paris is in our bucket list, so I love your photo! Those AI mice made me smile. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful memories. Paris is a place I would love to explore.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely recovery photo ~ awesome travels for you ~ thanks for sharing ~ Hugs ^_^''

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful picture! Too funny about the bus selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never thought I'd use AI, but I do - makes things better. Your photo was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The light and the sky were perfect for taking such beautiful photo.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. La imagen que lograste es hermosa. Es cierto que la IA ayuda, pero el ojo del fotógrafo es otra cosa. Los cuatro fabulosos ratones!! Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "One second I had Paris at its most cinematic, the next I had a safety reminder photobombing my perfect shot." :) that's life :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, what a wonderful post! Heh heh! That picture is awesome;-))

    ReplyDelete
  22. The photo you took from the bus is great. The light is dramatic. It fits the scene perfectly.
    The story about the group photo is funny—I can imagine everyone had to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simpática foto. Me encanta. Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  24. That turned out to be a great photo with a little help. I'll have to remember that. Loved the group story at the end with the adorables, you gave me a good chuckle. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow that's quite a landscape with so much history packed into this photo, have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great photo correction, looks fantastic. Enjoyed the group photo story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. ha, ha, yes, moving vehicule photos are a gamble. but you did great job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Since I hardly ever travel, all of your photos are perfect travel photos to me!

    ReplyDelete
  29. AI did a great job of fixing up your photobombed photo. It's a beautiful view.
    The story of the group trying to get the perfect selfie of everyone looking just so was too funny. Hopefully they managed to get another one after your coach got out of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's too funny about the group shot. Naturally just when everyone was ready something would go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you AI, though normally I don't like it, it does come in handy for cleaning up photos. LOVE the mice 💖

    ReplyDelete
  32. Quina sort, poder viatjar a París !!. Bones i divertides fotografies , especialment la que es va fer fosc ! : DD
    Salut !!.

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh your photo turned out well with a little bit of help :) Paris a great city isn't it and your story is hilarious I can imagen their faces--in the dark lol

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely photograph. I love all the details of architecture. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It must be tricky getting that perfect photo on your travels. The Eiffel Tower picture is delightful. The girls got a few pictures of the Eiffel at night all lit up. You do take some fantastic pictures on your adventures, and I'm so happy to hear that you visited Greece a few years ago! I would love to see Rome someday.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Veronica, I'll be keeping this in mind when we launch into our next journey! This is when AI can work well. Sending summer greetings your way, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That seatbelt sticker photobomb is hilarious, but thank goodness for AI cleanup tools. Your final photo of the bridge looks absolutely gorgeous! The story about the group at the back of the bus trying to take a selfie right before hitting a tunnel made me laugh out loud. Honestly, those chaotic, pitch-black blooper shots usually make the most memorable trip souvenirs anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very interesting photos.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I loved your photo of the mice in the tunnel. It was hilarious! And I am right with you on loving modern photo editing tools. These tools are such a lifesaver. They truly make the difference between having a total failure or a magical photo you can enjoy for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  40. AI can definitely be helpful to clean up photos!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ricordo che, anni fa, in Francia, hp scattato . a bord0 di un pullman in movimento. sul Ponte della Normandia, una foto che, secondo me, doveva essere un capolavoro ed invece è venuto un cartello stradale in primo piano !! Simpaticissima la foto dei topolini !! Un saluto

    ReplyDelete
  42. So many comments, they are because you are wiriting interesting us! Best regards from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I didn't see the cameo sticker on the first one but it's a wonderful view and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, the sign. I actually didn't notice it until you pointed it out. But it is a good shot!

    ReplyDelete
  45. It's hard to get the perfect picture.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oona: "Safety second. Possibly third. That is Oona's motto too."

    ReplyDelete
  47. This bridge is beautiful! Using AI for editing the noise out of photos or for adding photos makes sense.
    The photo saga on the bus sounds wonderful. Getting a group photo is anything but easy.

    ReplyDelete
  48. A mí también me pasa. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your anecdotes and thanks goodness for AI, it does a good job with things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your group shot brought back a funny memory! We spent so much time taking photos, only to discover later there was no film in the camera. 😂

    ReplyDelete