Sunday, August 30, 2026

Where in the World?

Some cities reveal themselves with famous landmarks. Others whisper their identity through everyday life.

A row of well-worn balconies. Shop awnings catching the afternoon sun. Taxis weaving through the traffic while pedestrians wait patiently at the lights. Nothing extraordinary—and yet everything tells a story.

There are clues hidden in this photo if you look closely enough. Can you work out where this was taken?


Drop your guess in the comments.

65 comments:

  1. I have no idea! But I'm not well traveled... Will be interested to see what you tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like Mari, am not well traveled, and even looking closely didn't clue me in. Thank you for sharing, Veronica, I look forward to seeing where this is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For one like me who hasn't stepped out of India, this is too challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd guess somewhere in Greece based on all the Greek-language signs, but can't narrow it down any further. "Bosporos" on the awning must be just the name of the shop, not the location, since the Bosporus is in Turkey now. It looks like at least a fairly big town, based on the six-story building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea behind this post! 🌍 It’s such a fun way to explore the world and discover new places. Thanks for sharing! ✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly the kind of travel post that makes me stop and look properly because sometimes the ordinary details tell you more about a place than the famous landmarks do. I was immediately looking at the balconies, the buildings, the taxis and even the way the street is laid out trying to catch a clue. I have definitely been in places where I could not name the city straight away, but something about the streets, architecture or traffic made me feel like I knew the place. I’m going to take a guess, but I’m not completely confident with it, which makes this even more fun. Now I’m curious to see how many people actually get it right. www.melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't traveled much, but I think it is in Greece.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wherever it is, wouldn't want to live there...no plants, trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surely Greece. I could hazard a busy street in Athens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greece ?
    Have a nice week !
    Thanks for your visit !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muitos detalhes e movimento por lá.Mas não sei onde é!
    beijos, linda semana, chica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creo que es Atenas. Es cierto ?
    Buena semana Verónica.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a nice photo, Athens, Greece. That is where I believe it is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so much fun to try to guess. Unfortunately, I can't really read (too small) the print on any of the building or license plates. I a no guesser this time. but look forward to finding out if it is indeed Greece as many have guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The letters look Greek, but apart from that, there may be several places in the Mediterranean where they speak Greek. Great post, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...a street intersection in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Charlee: "Our Dada agrees that it's probably Greece, and then he looked up the medical lab whose sign is in the picture because he used to work for one years ago and he was curious about it!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a busy street, and it looks like the main street of a town. I like how you got some of the shops and the street light too. I will be waiting to hear this destination.

    Happy September, my friend. And thank you for always coming by and visiting and leaving such dear comments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Greece too. I search this lab in Greece, but couldn't find what city. I think there were four.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Veronica. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Europe for sure. Guessing Greece, it's the sigma that was my clue.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It definitely looks like somewhere in Southeast Asia, but I have never been to Asia so I am a little lacking on my specific knowledge of the area. You definitely have me intrigued to know the correct answer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Liebe Veronica,

    was für eine schöne Idee solche Rätsel gefallen mir auch. Ich bin etwas unsicher was den Ort anbelangt denn es könnte auch in Zypern oder im griechischen Teil von Istanbul sein. Ich bin gespannt.....

    Liebe Grüße
    Kerstin und Helga

    ReplyDelete
  24. My own knowledge - Greece - European licence plate and the alphabet.
    I did look up the phone number on the sign. Assuming it is a metropolitan city by the tramlines and taxis, I am guessing Athens.
    Furthermore - I looked up the sign Bosporus in relation to Athens. It is a bakery shop there.
    Looking forward to seeing the answer.

    This was so much fun!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  25. No clue here, the cats don't let me out much!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ni idea pero lindo lugar. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's very difficult to determine what language this is written in. The letters are difficult to see. But they aren't Ukrainian or Greek. The Greek letters are completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think I'd enjoy one of those apartments. No, I have no guess for where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have no idea but it looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Since most people guessed Greece - I will go with that too. I didn't realize how many followers you have. How in the world do you have time to write such nice notes to us? But I enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Greeece :D? I see greak alphabet.
    Have a nice day🌸
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ehm.... I have no idea. At first I thought England because of the English sign, but then I saw other languages.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I first checked the restaurant name, Vosporos, on Google Maps, but the building at that location didn’t match the photo, the LIFE CHECK medical shop wasn’t there. So I searched specifically for LIFE CHECK branches in Greece.

    That finally led me to Kaisariani, Athens, where LIFE CHECK is at Leof. Ethnikis Antistaseos 24, right next to Vosporos at No. 20. The surrounding buildings and street layout also matched the photo, so that’s how I finally zeroed in on the location.

    It was a really good exercise in solving the puzzle. The medical shop turned out to be the key! Great fun. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  34. Excelente ejercicio. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It was taken in Greece. Not easy to understand the town.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Each city, each street, and each place has its own charm and history.
    I honestly have no idea where the photo was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  37. hmmm not sure, somewhere in Europe?

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's a great picture of everyday life! And I love your post intro, Veronica. <3

    ReplyDelete
  39. Bom dia minha querida amiga Veronica. Como nunca viajei para fora do Brasil. Não tenho o mínima noção de qual lugar é. Uma excelente manhã de quarta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares na Malásia e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I did a search, too, and found out the photo was taken in Athens, one of the many places I have never visited.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  41. No clue. But the Life Check sign on the building is in English, so mayb an English speaking country?

    ReplyDelete
  42. I also guessed Greece based on some of the signs.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Janie searched. So Greece is correct. It does look similar to Chania, Crete (which I visited in 1990), though.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have no idea, but no cheating and reading the answers in other comments! LOL 🐾✨😻✨🐾 So where is it? 😹

    ReplyDelete
  45. Boa tarde minha querida amiga Veronica. O artista Vik Muniz é interessante. Uma excelente tarde de quarta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares na Malásia e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Greece. Typical chaos of their streets.
    From my previous post I see that you passed through Zagreb. If you had called, we could have sat down for a drink.

    Grčka. Tipičan kaos njihovih ulica.
    Prema prethodnom postu vidim da si prošla kroz Zagreb. Da si se javila mogli smo sjest na piće.

    ReplyDelete
  47. L'alfabeto mi sembra greco, la città non la so !!! Ciaooo

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great idea! I cheated and used Google Lens to search for the image. It spat out Athens, Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hello,
    I could not even guess, I did see sign in English. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great street scene photo ~ wherever it was taken ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think it's Greece. I did some searching, but never found this shot.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  52. This doesn't look like a place I've visited. There is a sign that seems to be written in Greek, so I'm going to say it's a city in Greece. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is a fun game! ☺ It looks like a street in Athens, Greece. We were there in 2013 and loved it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great photo of someplace in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Shiju solved the puzzle above in his comments! I was going to say that I knew it was not the Americas, and was somewhere in Europe or the Balkans.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I already saw the answer, but it was fun reading what everyone's guess was.

    ReplyDelete