I love finding little things like this when travelling. It's not a famous landmark or a must-see attraction, but somehow a weathered bench decorated with quirky signs ended up being one of the most memorable photo opportunities of the day.
Would you have guessed that this bench was found in Dubrovnik, tucked amongst the old castle walls?You expect medieval battlements, sea views, and solemn stone, and then suddenly you stumble across cheeky signs about beer, coffee, and cats!
That’s the kind of detail that turns a photo into a memory worth keeping — the city reminding you not to take it too seriously, offering a smile in the middle of its grandeur.
That’s the kind of detail that turns a photo into a memory worth keeping — the city reminding you not to take it too seriously, offering a smile in the middle of its grandeur.







I love the signs, pretend it's 1995 and talk to each other should be hung everywhere.
ReplyDeleteOhh wonderful, good Saturday, Andreja from Slovenija!
ReplyDeleteSome fun signs!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun find. They really are funny!
ReplyDeleteI have always thought, given the circumstances, that a cat would be okay with murder.
ReplyDeleteYou had fun time! 😄
ReplyDeleteThese are really nice signs, Veronica.
ReplyDeleteYou certainly don't expect something like this.
I wish you a lovely weekend.
All the best, Irma
Interesting that all the signs are in English even though it's in Dubrovnik. I guess English has become the global language of being quirky.
ReplyDeletePerfect !!! All of them !
ReplyDeleteHave a shinny weekend !
Anna
Thank you for your nice comment. Beautiful benches and mouses. Have a nice weekend !
ReplyDeleteQue belos encontros esses, gosto muito de ver! beijos, chica e ótimo fim de semana!
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to find something light-hearted in the midst of seriousness.
ReplyDeleteOh I love these, they are just gorgeous. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteIt’s so refreshing when an ancient city shows it has a sense of humor. Thanks for sharing this little hidden gem!
ReplyDeleteI love these my friend. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleterkrsrue.blogspot.com
Che bellissime e divertenti immagini hai trovato !! Saluti
ReplyDelete...I love your pair od travelling mice. Where are we off to next?
ReplyDeleteA happy post! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI also really enjoy "capturing" small things and details of the cities I visit.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and interesting signs and a tender last image.
Have a great weekend
I agree. Sometimes it is the little things that just make you smile and make a difference!
ReplyDeleteThese are fun! I especially like “no wifi”
ReplyDeleteThe signs are very funny and beautiful! I really love them.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend, Veronica!
Fun bench!
ReplyDelete"Pretend it's 1995" ... that's a great sign on the bench. Thank you for sharing, Veronica.
ReplyDeleteLove the signs, what a great find.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a bench ! What signs! ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeleteCarol McK
Such clever, humorous signs and such fantastic memories, Veronica. Thanks for the chuckle today!
ReplyDeleteHello Veronica,
ReplyDeleteI love the funny signs, great find! The mice photo is cute. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
The benches are such fun. When I go to Sholom Park there are benches everywhere, perfect place to escape the world. Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteSono veramente delle splendide immagini pubblicitarie.
ReplyDeleteMi piacciono anche i due criceti viaggiatori
ReplyDeleteYou have a good eye for great photo subjects. I really like the pictures.
Another report from my country. If you will pass trought Zagreb in next five days we could have a beer. Afther that we will migrate to Istra and Dalmatia.
ReplyDeleteI love it!!! I like the one that says talk to someone no wifi pretend its 1995! LOL!!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are great!!! The cat ones had me burst out laughing! Love this!
ReplyDeleteThose are all fun signs, love the mice!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I can't believe those signs--especially the cat one about if you touch my coffee I'll slap you so hard even Google won't be able to find you. I wonder who made them, and am surprised they are in English in that neck of the woods.
ReplyDeleteI like the one that says there's no wifi -- pretend it's 1995 and talk to someone.
Lindos carteles. Te mando un beso y te deseo un buen fin de semana.
ReplyDeleteI love signs like that - cute and whimsical.
ReplyDeleteThese are great, such a good chuckle at these signs and such adorable little tourist mice.
ReplyDeleteI love the coffee signs, those are SO me, have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThat's a cute sign – well spotted! It's always fun to look out for quirky things.
ReplyDeleteThose signs did make me laugh. I can relate to quite a few of them.
ReplyDeletevery unique and interesting!
ReplyDeleteMice are cute little rascals, but I wouldn't want them in my home. Cats are lovely—though not the mean ones; they ought to be tamed.
ReplyDeleteThere ought to be far more signs on display telling us that we should talk to one another.
Have a nice trip.
These signs are wonderful. The one about coffee instead of murder made me giggle. I love cats, so the cat ones are my personal favs. You have an eye for photographs.
ReplyDeleteIt's so long since I've been to Dubrovnik, I do miss it so!
Those signs are a riot.
ReplyDeleteThose are great.
ReplyDeleteThe hamsters are adorable. I love the pictures. The cats look like they have a=some attitude.
ReplyDeleteSome of those bench signs are delightful. I love the Wifi one. An interesting bench with a lot of history. That's neat that it once belonged in a castle. Have a wonderful week ahead.
ReplyDeleteCharming signs.
ReplyDeleteI love coffee so much <3
ReplyDeleteThose are some great signs!
ReplyDeleteBom dia minha querida amiga Verônica. As placas são muito lindas. Tenho uma prima no estado de Minas Gerais Brasil, que apaixonado por gatos. Uma excelente manhã de terça-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares na Malásia e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE signs like this. They are some of my absolute favorites. The world is way too serious and signs like this remind us to lighten up and enjoy a good laugh. This cheeky bench would have been my favorite part of the castle, too!
ReplyDeleteGreat find, Veronica, full of sass!
ReplyDelete-Soma
Interesting to find those English signs in Dubrovnik! I like the one about talking to each other the best.
ReplyDeleteOona: "But if murder is wrong, why does Oona have such impressive murder mittens?"
ReplyDeleteMe encantaron los carteles, son muy bonitos. Un beso.
ReplyDeleteI like this! We didn't come across it when we were in Dubrovnik in May.
ReplyDeleteHello Veronica :)
ReplyDeleteYou certainly have a Knack of finding the unusual in nearly all your posts. These signss are comical and I can relate to quite a few of them. Thanks for the smiles Veronica..
All the best
Sonjia.