Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 10, 2014

"C" is for cat....and....Colin

My first pet was a Burmese cat. I named her Pussy. Back in the 60s, pussy innocently meant cat. Pussy had the most beautiful golden eyes and hair the colour of a deep, rich sable.
I was seven years old when my dad brought her home. She was from a litter of 8 kitties that Dad's co-worker was giving away.
Pussy and I were inseparable and I remember waiting impatiently everyday for school to be over  so I could be home with her.
One day, many months later, I woke up in the middle of the night when my hand felt something wet and slimy. In the dark, I thought I saw several frogs on my bed. I let out a scream and my parents rushed into my room. Switching on the light, we realised Pussy had just given birth to a litter of 4 kitties on my bed! Not a pretty sight!
Looking back, I should be honored that Pussy had chosen my bed where she felt safe and comfy but when you're seven years old, blood and placenta on your bed is a major "cat"astrophe! Not fun!

In case you're wondering about the title of this post, these cookies were made for my long time bloggy buddy Lin's son, Colin. I couldn't ship them to him 'cos the shipping fee would have cost me a bomb. Lin suggests that I just make the cookies and take a photo of them. Then I can eat them too!

Those kitties are supposed to be their beloved Hobbes -- 47 lbs of Stripey Goodness!

13 comments:

  1. Those are so cute with the cookies, Veronica! I have to agree, waking up to the birthing of kitties as a young child would be a hard thing to grasp!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that's amazing that Pussy gave birth on your bed ... she must have had a really strong connection with you. Loving those cute kitties in their baskets and your friend's 47 lbs cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.. that right now is hilarious but must have been quite a shock to wake up to..

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!

    You are soooo talented! Now you made everyone happy at our house--Cookies for Colin that look like Hobbes and there are no calories for me!! Hahaha!

    Thanks, pally. You sure rocked the challenge!!

    Love your kitty story today. That is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! What a fright that would've been! Especially at 7! But how intriguing that she chose your bed. And those cookies! I think they're too cute to be eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness how cute is he! There is a picture on my blog of my boyfriends 2 cats. They're striped too. They're precious! Those cookies are super cute, haha. I'm stopping by from the blog hop. I hope your having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cookies came out great.

    And kittens on the bed would probably freak me out today, all grown up, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for linking up these beautiful cookies at The Yuck Stops Here. Please be sure to come back next week with more of your wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a crazy story about pussy giving birth on your bed. I can see how that would freak out a 7 year old.

    One time I was on a farm, and saw a cat licking a new kitten. I screamed, and ran for my Dad saying, "A cat is licking a skunk."

    I love the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post made me smile :) We have four cats -Disco, Harlowe, Baxter, and Meagram. Meagram has to be close to 25 pounds, so I definitely can relate to loving a big furry cat named Colin.
    Beautiful cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, I definately pinned this one! I'm just wondering if I can have the recipe! I'm thrilled that you shared with us at The Yuck Stops Here and I hope we'll see you again - tomorrow! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for participating in the yuck stops here this week, I'm one of the new hosts and I've chosen you as my fave for the week. Be sure to grab your featured button!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the cutest cookies ever!
    x Mieke
    Check out my new post: http://nancy-mulhouse.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete