Followers

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Liza Lou's Beaded Kitchen And Backyard

South Africa-based artist Liza Lou spent five years and millions of beads creating her kitchen and backyard installations.
Every element in her life-size kitchen is covered in millions of hand-glued glass beads, which she applied with a set of tweezers.
Every surface is covered with beads, from dirty dishes in a sink to a pie to a bag of Lays!

BACKYARD
For her backyard project,she used over thirty million beads! Most of them went into creating 250,000 blades of grass around the picnic table.
more pics @ http://www.lizalou.com/

11 comments:

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Oh my gosh....I think I'd have gone blind doing this intricate work. This is amazing.

(Terry) My Journey With Candida said...

A little bling here, A little bling there.... Bling Bling everywhere.

mail4rosey said...

That's amazing, but it's awesome! If I spent that much time on something, I'd just want to sit around and look at it, lol. Not even kidding. :)

Happy weekend to you!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can NOT even begin to imagine where to begin! I had to keep looking at each photo over and over! WOW!!!

Blessings & Aloha!

Joyce Lansky said...

These are beautiful.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Shivangi said...

Speechless...thanks for sharing this...
I got here from the comment you left on my blog :-)

ChatterBlossom said...

Holy cow, it's like a crazy Van Gogh painting! That's incredible!
-Jamie
ChatterBlossom

alissa apel said...

That must take a lot of time and patience.

Anne (Simply Savvy Supermom) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope we can blog buddies.

I was fortunate enough to see this installment at the Minneapolis Institute of Art a while back and it was absolutely amazing. I stood there and looked at everything for over an hour. I can't fathom the patience and attention to detail something like this would take to complete. Love it! Thanks for reminding me of something fun!

~ Noelle said...

they are all awesome.. but that lawnmower is fantastic

Jodi said...

WOW I love this- How talented!

Jodi @ http://thenoiseofboys.com

Networked blogs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin