Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lemon Slice Bread

Many of my bread projects are inspired by the recipes the people at Rhodes Bake-n-Serv create. This pull-apart Lemon Slice Bread just screams summer -  tangy, sweet and cheesey!
I baked two loaves but the first loaf was gone the second it was turned out onto the cooling rack!
Mmmmmm! A piece of heaven in very slice!

LEMON SLICES

12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
1/2 cup sugar
grated lemon zest from 3 lemons
1/3 cup butter, melted
Start by cutting each roll in half and press them into an oval measuring about 3x3 inches.
Mix the lemon zest and sugar.
Take each oval and dip into the melted butter and then into the lemon zest, sugar mixture.
Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
Line up the rolls in the loaf pan, laying each piece on it's side.
Cover with plastic wrap and let double in size.
Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cover with foil the last 5-10 minutes (if necessary) to prevent over browning.  Remove from pan to cool.
RECIPE AND IMAGE CREDIT  - Rhodes Bake-n-Serv

LEMON GLAZE
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm lemon slices. For a thicker frosting, rather than a glaze you can add extra powdered sugar.

14 comments:

  1. omg, this looks so delish!
    love that great recipe...i think i give it a try.

    your food photos are wonderful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No!! You do this to me a lot. I come over to your blog and you make me hungry on purpose. LOOKS SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zest makes my mouth water just reading about it, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, YUM! I may have to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy, exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness this looks good! I'm drooling on my keyboard. Not really, but it does make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look amazing :) yum yum!! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM...this just looks mouth-watering! This would be perfect to link-up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-4-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH, your lemon slice bread looks amazing, can't wait to try it.........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my lanta this looks DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks amazing! I love baking with lemon in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to have some of this bread for breakfast right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at "lemon." Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop, I'll be featuring this post this week, please stop by and grab my Featured button!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete