Monday, July 25, 2011
Steaming is a healthy, no-fuss, no-mess method of preparing fish. Try this jiffy, mother-in-law-approved recipe.
Less than 15 minutes
300g white cod fillet
1 heaped tbsp julienned ginger
Sprigs of Chinese parsley for garnishing
1-2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce (optional)
a pinch of sugar
dash of pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1-2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Preheat steamer.
2. Place fish on a platter and sprinkle ginger strips on fish.
3. Steam fish over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes. Do not oversteam or the meat will become tough and dry.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in a sauce pan and fry garlic till golden brown. Turn off heat.Mix in sauce ingredients.
5. Once the fish is ready, remove from steamer and pour sauce over it.
6. Garnish with Chinese parsley and serve hot with rice.
Posted by Veronica Lee at 8:12:00 PM