Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Margaux Lange

Unconventional , bizzare but nonetheless artistic , jeweller Margaux Lange uses Barbie parts for her eclectic, wearable creations.

“My childhood spent with Barbie cultivated my interest in adornment. Extensive play with the doll and her miniature world strengthened my dexterity. This is a skill imperative to the art of jewelry making. Hence it feels natural for me to make art on a small scale.
I enjoy the funny juxtaposition of wearing the body, on the body. Barbie has become the accessory instead of being accessorized. I take pleasure in the contrast and contradiction of something mass-produced being transformed and revealed as a unique, handmade, wearable piece of art.” – Margaux Lange.

8 comments:

  1. Okay...I love the heart boob necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me but does that seem a bit morbid? I don't think I could wear any of it although I'm sure it's artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool and slightly disturbing at the same time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that is crazy! I wonder where she gets her Barbie parts from? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you mean all the vintage barbies I've saved for 20 years from my older daughter could be making me some real money?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you find all this cool stuff? I lost it laughing at the boob necklace. Too funny, yet perfect at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... that's disturbing. lol.

    Also... my word verfication was "reamit". Eh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm! Not sure what to think. I know it's artistic and I like the feet earings but the rest . . not so sure!

    ReplyDelete