Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Paddy Field Art

Stunning crop art has sprung up across rice fields in Japan.
But this is no alien creation - the designs have been cleverly planted. Farmers creating the huge displays use no ink or dye.
Instead, different colours of rice plants have been precisely and strategically arranged and grown in the paddy fields.
As summer progresses and the plants shoot up, the detailed artwork begins to emerge.



Closer to the image, the careful placement of thousands of rice plants in the paddy fields can be seen

The different varieties of rice plant grow alongside each other to create the masterpieces.


2006

2005

2002

Yonezawa, Yamagata prefecture, 2007

Yonezawa, Yamagata prefecture, 2006

Nishio, Aichi prefecture (2005, 2006)

13 comments:

yonca said...

Wow, amazing! I have an award waiting for you ;-)

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

Wow! Are those real???

Jennifer said...

LOL, I knew I loved rice for a reason! ;-)

PropellerHeadMom said...

That is so cool! I love it!

Momma Such said...

That is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Tami said...

BESTEST BUDDDDDDDDY I MISSSSSSSSSSSSSSED YOU!

So awesome to be back!

Loved this post.. how many favorites do I have now? LOL.

WOW.I LOVE THIS SO CREATIVE!

Myra said...

that is beyond amazing!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Stunning! I can only imagine the vision it takes to create something on such a grand scale and then to have to wait for your artwork to 'grow.'

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

To be able to see it REAL would e just wonderful! Amazing art. Out of this world!

Mommyof2girlz said...

I love field art, it's always amazing to me! The pictures are awesome!

Annette Piper said...

How absolutely incredible! The patience they must have!!!

Becca said...

These are AMAZING! I can't believe I've never heard of this before.

shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

wow...truly amazing..

Networked blogs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin