I was in the waiting room of my dentist when I came across this word in a local magazine. Unconvinced, I googled for the word and it does exist !
Read on and find out if you are one!
Nearlyrexics aren't anorexics- but they nearly are. They're not skeletal and they don't attract shocked looks from passer-bys; if anything, they're actually on the receiving end of envious glances.
Unlike anorexics,nearlyrexics just barely fall into the safe weight category for their height, so their doctors aren't concerned, and their eating habits will never see them hospitalised.
In fact, they are fully functioning and manage to successfully juggle work and children, and even have energy left for socialising. But the truth is, while you're wondering how she manages to slip into a size 6 or 8, the nearlyrexic lives with constant hunger, and weighs about 13kg less than she should.
Are you nearlyrexic?
If you answer 'yes' to three or more of these statements, you may be on the verge of an eating disorder.
1. My close friends or partner have expressed concern over how little I weigh or how much weight I have lost since they have known me.
2. I find it difficult to maintain my weight unless I stick to a food or exercise routine.
3. I weigh myself every day and dramatically cut back on food if I gain a few kilos.
4. My BMI(Body Mass Index) is at the low end of the healthy range.
5. I'm often hungry after a meal.
Disclaimer: All celebs pictured in this post are used for illustrative purposes only.